Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thirst (Bakjwi). Film Review.

I was hesitant to watch it for years. Heard about this film since it was released, but I thought it will be too funny in a bad way. So couple of weeks ago out of boredom and reading some positive reviews I decided to finally see it. What can I say? New favorite film in my collection. A must see for anyone.

The plot starts out as priest becomes a vampire after a failed medical experiment. Sounds kind of cliche, but it's not.

It's completely new and fresh view on vampire horror films, even though it's hard to describe only with one genre. During the film I cried and laughed a lot (the second one is really rare). Cinematography is beautiful. Plot is entertaining, weird, crazy, artistic and poetic. It's quite disturbing, but has a lot of dark comedy at the same time.

The director of Thirst (2009) - Chan-wook Park is one of my favorites (Oldboy(2003) and I'm a Cyborg, but that's OK(2006)).














No comments:

Post a Comment

Really appreciate you looking through my blog and finding some time to comment!